If you hold a relevant higher level qualification and have a minimum of ten years’ experience working at a leadership level in the industry, practice or academia, you can apply to join as a Full Member (TEP) today.
- What are the requirements?
- Hold a relevant, professional qualification ; and
- Be able to demonstrate a minimum ten years’ experience working at a leadership level in the industry in practice or academia, and be considered an expert by peers.
Applicants who are not able to meet all entry criteria for this route should review the alternative options available at step.org/join
- How much does it cost?
Application fees and annual member subscription fees are set out here: https://www.step.org/fees
- How do I apply?
Expertise Applications can be completed online by clicking on the Apply button below.
You will need to upload the following as part of your application:
- A detailed CV/resumé, which includes a comprehensive outline of your past and current areas of practice and responsibilities within it.
- Proof of membership of any professional bodies.
- Evidence of professional standing in the industry. This can be demonstrated through: published articles; book chapter samples; case studies; lecture notes and/or papers.
- Four signed and dated referee evaluation statements on company letterhead to include an explanation of how the referee knows the applicant and their reason for endorsing the application. Two of the four statements must be from TEPs. All four referees should be from different organisations and from individuals who are suitably professionally or academically-qualified.
- One form of official ID, such as a scan of a driver’s license or passport.
Please note that we are unable to process applications not completed in full and/or supported by evidence of standing in the profession, so please do be sure to complete your application thoroughly.
STEP undertakes background checks using the Refinitiv World-Check One service to assist with determining an applicant’s suitability for membership.View further information
The STEP Membership Panel approves those individuals who satisfy the criteria set out in the Admission Rules.
You can download application guidelines in German, Spanish, French, Italian and Mandarin below.