Hold a relevant higher level qualification and have a minimum of ten years’ senior experience working at a leadership level in the industry, practice or academia. If this applies to you, you can join via our Expertise Route
Applicants who are not able to meet all entry criteria for this route as listed in the ‘Application Guidelines’ should consider the Exam or Essay routes to STEP membership.
Completion of the Expertise route to membership provides STEP Full membership and use of the TEP.
- Entry requirements
- Hold a relevant, professional qualification, and
- Be able to demonstrate a minimum 10 years’ senior experience in inheritance and succession planning, working at a leadership level in the industry in practice or academia, and be considered an expert by peers.
- Application guidelines
Applicants need to provide the following:
- A completed Expertise Application Form;
- A detailed CV/resumé or written summary (up to 3000 words), which includes a comprehensive outline of the candidate’s past and current areas of practice and associated responsibilities;
- A list of all relevant professional bodies or associations of which they are a member;
- Evidence of professional standing in the industry. This can be demonstrated through: published articles; book chapter samples; case studies; lecture notes and/or papers. Where necessary, a face-to-face or Skype interview may be required to substantiate evidence provided; and
- Four referee evaluation statements, to include an explanation of how the referee knows the applicant and their reason for endorsing the application. Two of the four statements must be from TEPs, Full Membership of STEP of good standing. All four referees should be from different organisations and from individuals who are suitably professionally or academically-qualified.
Please note that applications that have not been completed in full, and/or are not supported by evidence of standing in the profession, will not be processed.
The Worldwide STEP Membership Committee approves those individuals who satisfy the criteria set out in the Admission Rules
View the application guidelines (PDF max 54KB)
DE | ES | FR | IT | PT | PT-BR