If you hold a relevant higher level qualification and have a minimum of ten years’ senior experience working at a leadership level in the industry, practice or academia, you can join via our Expertise Route.
Applicants who are not able to meet all entry criteria for this route should consider the Exam or Essay routes to STEP membership.
- Hold a relevant, professional qualification;
- Be able to demonstrate a minimum ten years’ senior experience in inheritance and succession planning, working at a leadership level in the industry in practice or academia, and be considered an expert by peers.
Expertise Applications can be completed online by clicking on the Apply button below.
Applicants will need to upload the following as part of their application:
- A detailed CV/resumé or written summary (up to 3,000 words) which includes a comprehensive outline of the candidate’s past and current areas of practice and responsibilities within it.
- Proof of membership of any professional bodies.
- Evidence of professional standing in the industry. This can be demonstrated through: published articles; book chapter samples; case studies; lecture notes and/or papers. Where necessary, a face-to-face or Skype interview may be required to substantiate evidence provided.
- Four referee evaluation statements to include an explanation of how the referee knows the applicant and their reason for endorsing the application. Two of the four statements must be from TEPs of good standing. All four referees should be from different organisations and from individuals who are suitably professionally or academically-qualified.
- One form of official ID, such as a scan of a driver’s license or passport.
Please note that applications not completed in full and/or supported by evidence of standing in the profession will not be processed.
Background check – STEP undertakes background checks using the Refinitiv World-Check One service to assist with determining an applicant’s suitability for membership. View further information
The STEP Membership Panel approves those individuals who satisfy the criteria set out in the Admission Rules.
View the application guidelines (PDF max 54KB)
DE | ES | FR | IT | MAN