US recognition for education and credentials
STEP Worldwide recognizes certain US diplomas and credentials that allows for Full membership of STEP. Applicants may use previously completed relevant exams, certifications or qualifications gained from universities or other professional associations as recognized prior learning.
STEP Worldwide currently recognizes the following education/credentials as a route to gaining Full membership:
- Masters of Law ( LL.M) – Tax
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- Accredited Estate Planner (AEP®)
- Estate Planning Law Specialist (EPLS)
- Certified Trust and Fiduciary Advisor (CTFA)
- In addition to holding one of the above qualifications, you must be able to demonstrate QMF Practice Level requirements (2 years mid to senior level experience).
- There is a fee to recognize your prior learning, payable as part of your membership application.
- If you have been awarded an LL.M in Tax, you will need to provide evidence that you have completed course content related to estate planning. If you cannot demonstrate this, a statement of experience should be provided as part of your application.
Apply using application form below:
Apply to become a Full STEP Member using the USA Recognized Courses application form below: