What is MPI?
The Managed Portfolio Indices Platform (MPI) is a free-to-use STEP member service to assist members with investment-related activities.
The tools available include peer group investment reports, an efficient process for drafting an Investment Policy Statement, together with a Manager Selection tool that enables connections with investment consultants and the ability to compile ‘beauty parade’ packs.
The core aim of MPI services is to bring about transparency and understanding between the trustee and discretionary investment management professions with regard to communicating investment risk, understanding investment returns and ensuring appointments are made in a robust and compliant manner.
STEP members can sign up for free at www.mpindices.com
Why is this a STEP member service?
It is possible to offer MPI as a STEP member service as the information it provides is considered to be of importance to persons working in a fiduciary capacity.
For this reason STEP has embraced this concept and reached an agreement with MP Analytics Limited that the Managed Portfolio Indices can be provided as a free service for its members.
The service has been designed to promote transparency of investment performance, and to enable STEP members to have a common parlance with the investment management industry. This will help to ensure that suitable investment strategies are selected and that performance can be judged objectively.
In order to ensure that the MPI maintains its relevance to members and demonstrates continuing high levels of integrity, a Practitioners Group has been formed by invitation from STEP. The Group meets on a regular basis. Members of the Practitioners Group are:
- Andrew Wheeler - Head of Business Development / 1762 from Brewin Dolphin
- Ceris Gardner - Partner / Maurice Turnor Gardner LLP
- David Kilshaw - Senior Adviser / Rawlinson & Hunter
- James Hoare - Managing Director / MPI
- James Painter - Director / MPI
- Julian Hayden - Director / Hawksford Group
- Kathy Whatmough - Partner / Rice Whatmough Crozier
- Louise Stoten - Senior Partner / New Quadrant Partners LLP
- Martyn Crespel - Managing Director / PraxisIFM Trust SA
- Paul Bailey - Consultant / Sparrows Capital
- Stephen Browne - Director of Marketing / Waverton Investment Management
- Mark Lewis - Partner, Family Office / Stonehage Fleming
MPI Investment Managers
Find out more at www.mpindices.com.
Connect with us