Two new categories announced for this year’s STEP Private Client Awards
Entries are now open for the 17th Annual STEP Private Client Awards, which celebrate excellence in private client practice and are a hallmark of quality across the industry.
Founded in 2006, the Awards have 19 categories, all of which are open to individuals and firms worldwide. We are pleased to announce two new categories this year:
- Digital Assets Practice of the Year: in line with STEP’s work to raise awareness of the importance of planning for digital assets, this award recognises excellence in client service and innovation to assist families in navigating issues relating to their digital estate; and
- Employer of the Year: in line with STEP’s core focus on promoting high standards and continuing professional development, this award recognises organisations that go above and beyond for their employees, supporting their development, promoting high standards and providing a happy and healthy work environment.
Entries are open until 14 April 2022 via the PCA website: https://pca.step.org/
STEP encourages entries from all over the world from the whole of the diverse private client community. Finalists will be announced in June.
Our judging panel represents STEP’s international membership, comprising 21 experts from Australia, Bermuda, Canada, the Cayman Islands, China, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Italy, Jersey, Luxembourg, Panama, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK and the USA.
The Chair of the Presiding Judges, Mary Duke TEP, an independent advisor to families in the US, said, ‘The STEP Private Client Awards are highly rated by members of the private client industry around the world.
‘The Awards offer a wonderful showcase for work being done on behalf of private clients. The rigour and impartiality of the STEP judging process underlines the credibility of these awards, so making the shortlist is an achievement in itself. If you are considering entering, I’d highly recommend you do so.’
STEP’s Chief Executive Mark Walley said, ‘The Private Client Awards are one of the highlights of the STEP calendar, giving us the opportunity to recognise and showcase the best in the industry. We are pleased to have two new categories, which reflect the growing importance of digital assets and the value we place on continuous learning and development and high professional standards.
'We’re particularly proud of the wide range of categories available, and our scrupulously objective judging process. I’m very much looking forward to congratulating our winners in September’.
STEP’s charity partner for the third year is the World Literacy Foundation, a global not-for-profit that works to lift young people out of poverty through literacy. STEP does not charge an entry fee for the Awards, and instead encourages a donation to the Awards Charity. Last year we raised over GBP67,000.
We look forward to celebrating the achievements of our finalists at the Awards Ceremony on 14 September 2022. COVID-19 permitting, the ceremony will be at the Hilton Hotel on Park Lane – our first face-to-face Awards Ceremony since 2019.
- Accountancy Team of the Year
- Advocate of the Year
- Boutique Firm of the Year
- Contentious Trusts and Estates Team of the Year
- Digital Assets Practice of the Year
- Employer of the Year
- Family Business Advisory Practice of the Year
- Financial Advisor Team of the Year
- International Legal Team of the Year Investment Team of the Year
- Multi-Family Office Team of the Year
- People’s Choice – Trusted Advisor of the Year
- Philanthropy Team of the Year
- Private Client Legal Team of the Year
- Trust Company of the Year
- Vulnerable Client Advisory Practice of the Year
- Young Practitioner of the Year
- The Geoffrey Shindler Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Profession
- Lifetime Achievement Award
To find out more about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Tom Fountain, tel + 44 (0)20 3771 7250, email: [email protected]