Advanced Certificate in Family Business Governance
- What does this qualification cover and how is it delivered?
What does this qualification cover?
The Advanced Certificate in Family Business Governance expands on the theories and frameworks covered in the Advanced Certificate in Advising the Family Business and explores how to put them into action by working through practical case studies, scenarios and activities. The course is delivered online.
The course modules are:
- An introduction to family business governance
- The significance of shared purpose
- Ownership governance: forms, goals and tasks
- Ownership governance: forums and practices
- Family governance: understanding the role of family governance
- Family governance: implementing effective family governance
- Business governance: building a board of directors
- Business governance: implementing an effective board of directors
- Syllabus (PDF 309KB)
How is it delivered?
The Advanced Certificate in Family Business Governance is a distance learning course, delivered online, which will take four to six months to complete. Assessment is by way of a 3,500 word assignment.
Delegates will study via our online learning platform and will have access to a wide range of resources and support, including:
- Interactive eLearning modules comprising a combination of text, videos, podcasts, animations and interactive activities
- Printable versions of the modules and downloadable resources for delegates to keep following completion of the course
- Self-assessment questions and summative tasks for each module
- What are the benefits to me and my employer?
- Enhance family business expertise and capabilities within your firm or department.
- Offer more creative, considered and compassionate services to your clients, differentiating you and your firm from other providers.
- Identify and develop business opportunities in this emerging market
- Enhance credibility with prospective clients
- Entry advice and requirements
As part of the STEP Qualifications and Membership Framework (QMF), you will need to have 60 Entry Level credits to enrol on to this Advanced Certificate. Entry Level credits can be gained through completion of Entry Level Certificates and/or accreditation of prior certificated or experiential learning.
How many STEP membership credits does this course provide?
This course provides 30 Diploma Level credits. Find out more about how many credits you need to reach Full STEP membership
- Further course details
Is it compulsory to do both courses?
Whilst we recommend that you take both Advanced Certificates, each can be taken as a standalone course.
How much will it cost?
The course fee is £1,195 + UK VAT if applicable (discounted rate for Full STEP Members - £1,145 + UK VAT if applicable)
There is also a discounted package fee for both Advanced Certificates in this suite – £1,845 + UK VAT if applicable (discounted rate for Full STEP Members - £1,795 + UK VAT if applicable)
The fee is fully inclusive of all learning resources, distance learning support and assessment fees.
For information on the next available course dates and locations, please visit the CLTI website.
- How do I apply?
- Help and advice
If you have any queries and would like to speak to someone you can either call CLTI on +44 (0)121 362 7733 or email [email protected]