SIG Spotlight Week Webinar: Adapt & Survive: NextGen Opportunities for the Family Business - 2 December 2020
SIG Spotlight Session:
8 / 21
One of the 21 one-hour webinar sessions you can register for across SIG Spotlight Week 2020. Book as many sessions as you like with increasing discounts according to the number of sessions you wish to book. SIG members, STEP members and non-members all welcome!
- 08:30 Toronto, New York
- 10:30 São Paulo
- 13:30 GMT/UTC - London
- 14.30 Paris, Berlin
- 17:30 Abu Dhabi
- 19:00 New Delhi
- 21:30 Beijing, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Perth, Singapore
- *Convert other timezones
In this session you will hear how crisis situations, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, can be a catalyst for change, both in terms of the succession of wealth and leadership to the next generation (the 'NextGen').
The panel will explore the issues and roadblocks with the succession of wealth and leadership, including navigating differences in generational perspectives and attitudes, as well as identifying the necessary tools to overcome these perceived roadblocks. First hand experiences of family business owners, and industry knowledge will help unpick questions and lessons of:
- What can we learn looking back at a crisis?
- How can the skills of the NextGen be leveraged for business advantage?
- How has COVID-19 changed how the NextGen feel about their positioning in the family business? Are they viewed differently now in the business and within the family?
- Was the family business already on track to involve the NextGen? Has this been fast tracked?
- MODERATOR: Matthew Braithwaite TEP, Partner-Private Client, Wedlake Bell and Co-Chair, STEP Business Families SIG – United Kingdom
- Rishi Behari, Lecturer-Smiths School of Business, Queen’s University and 'rising gen' Family Member – Canada
- Russ Haworth, Family Business Consultant, The Family Business Partnership – United Kingdom
- Dr. Jamie Weiner, Psychologist and Principal & Co-Founder, Inheriting Wisdom – USA
A live webinar accessible by web (both for audio and visuals) from your computer, tablet or smartphone. In a designated session towards the end, attendees will have the opportunity to ask live questions of the speakers.
To join the webinar at the designated time, prior registration is required.
Following registration, registrants will receive an email containing instructions for joining the webinar.