SIG Spotlight Week Webinar: Advisors helping their clients to bridge the funding gap. 3 December 2020
SIG Spotlight Session:
14 / 21
One of the 21 one-hour webinar sessions you can register for across SIG Spotlight Week 2020. Book as many sessions as you like with increasing discounts according to the number of sessions you wish to book. SIG members, STEP members and non-members all welcome!
- 06:00 São Paulo
- 09:00 GMT/UTC - London
- 10.00 Paris, Berlin
- 13:00 Abu Dhabi
- 14:30 New Delhi
- 17:00 Beijing, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Perth, Singapore
- 20:00 Sydney
- 22:00 Auckland
- *Convert other timezones
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit hard, and most charities globally have predicted a significant drop in their income. In the UK alone, estimates have suggested a fall in income of between 25% to 70%; coupled with an increasing demand for services, the need for philanthropic support is ever-increasing.
In this session we will explore how we as advisors play a role with clients in helping them navigate the philanthropic landscape, and what and who they might support, with particular reference to the latest developments in measuring and comparing effective charitable impact. Speakers will address:
- client cause selection and advisor cause neutrality;
- the role of emerging technology – to highlight funding gaps and make evidence-led decisions (using data as a tool to direct your client’s interests without exhibiting personal bias);
- using technology as a platform for co-funding, collaboration and understanding impact.
- Moderator: Sianne Haldane TEP, Chief Impact Officer, Maanch – United Kingdom
- Jonathan Brinsden, Partner, BDB Pitmans LLP – United Kingdom
- Lauren Gross, Senior Advisor, I.G. Advisors – United Kingdom
- Rennie Hoare, Partner & Head of Philanthropy, C. Hoare & Co. – United Kingdom
A live webinar accessible by web (both for audio and visuals) from your computer, tablet or smartphone. In a designated session towards the end, attendees will have the opportunity to ask live questions of the speakers.
To join the webinar at the designated time, prior registration is required.
Following registration, registrants will receive an email containing instructions for joining the webinar.
Connect with us