SIG Spotlight Week Webinar: Execution of Wills in COVID-19 Times: How to Safeguard Formal Validity in a Cross-Border Context - 3 December 2020
SIG Spotlight Session:
15 / 21
One of the 21 one-hour webinar sessions you can register for across SIG Spotlight Week 2020. Book as many sessions as you like with increasing discounts according to the number of sessions you wish to book. SIG members, STEP members and non-members all welcome!
- 06:00 Toronto, New York
- 08:00 São Paulo
- 11:00 GMT/UTC - London
- 12.00 Paris, Berlin
- 15:00 Abu Dhabi
- 16:30 New Delhi
- 19:00 Beijing, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Perth, Singapore
- 22:00 Sydney
- *Convert other timezones
The session will look at new ways of executing wills, particularly in light of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- legal difficulties when the testator is hindered from being physically present when signing;
- common law and civil law solutions – what works and what doesn’t;
- the 1961 Hague Convention and the international recognition of Wills signed using new (emergency) legislation.
- MODERATOR: Johan Hartmann Stæger TEP, Partner, BFA Law Copenhagen – Denmark
- Dirk-Jan Maasland TEP, Partner and Civil Law Notary, Loyens & Loeff N.V. – The Netherlands
- Michael Parkinson TEP, Professional Support Lawyer-Private Client, Payne Hicks Beach – United Kingdom
- Joshua Steinberg, Associate-Private Client Services, Duane Morris LLP – USA
A live webinar accessible by web (both for audio and visuals) from your computer, tablet or smartphone. In a designated session towards the end, attendees will have the opportunity to ask live questions of the speakers.
To join the webinar at the designated time, prior registration is required.
Following registration, registrants will receive an email containing instructions for joining the webinar.