SIG Spotlight Week Webinar: Digital Asset Planning for Incapacity and Estate Administration - 3 December 2020
SIG Spotlight Session:
16 / 21
One of the 21 one-hour webinar sessions you can register for across SIG Spotlight Week 2020. Book as many sessions as you like with increasing discounts according to the number of sessions you wish to book. SIG members, STEP members and non-members all welcome!
- 08:30 Toronto, New York
- 10:30 São Paulo
- 13:30 GMT/UTC - London
- 14.30 Paris, Berlin
- 17:30 Abu Dhabi
- 19:00 New Delhi
- 21:30 Beijing, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Perth, Singapore
- *Convert other timezones
Aside from financial value, there are many digital assets with great emotional significance to individuals and their family. With a focus on social media and email, this webinar will explore the issues raised in digital asset planning for death and incapacity, with the aid of real life and hypothetical examples. The law will be examined from an English perspective, but much will be relevant in any jurisdiction.
The panel will cover:
- problems with social media accounts and their impact on a bereaved family;
- options available for individuals who want to plan what happens to their social media and email accounts after their death or incapacity;
- options available for the legal representatives of a deceased or incapacitated person to access and control that person’s use of social media, email and the web;
- a look from a medical perspective at how capacity in such matters is assessed.
- MODERATOR: Jack Burroughs TEP, Associate, Ashtons Legal – United Kingdom
- Nick Gazzard, Founder and Charity CEO, Hollie Gazzard Trust – United Kingdom
- Dr Elaine Kasket, Author 'All the Ghosts in the Machine' and Psychologist – United Kingdom (read interview)
- Tim Farmer, Founder and CEO, TSF Consultants Ltd – United Kingdom
A live webinar accessible by web (both for audio and visuals) from your computer, tablet or smartphone. In a designated session towards the end, attendees will have the opportunity to ask live questions of the speakers.
To join the webinar at the designated time, prior registration is required.
Following registration, registrants will receive an email containing instructions for joining the webinar.