SIG Spotlight Week Webinar: DAC-6 and Other Regulations Affecting Client Identity and Disclosure - 3 December 2020
SIG Spotlight Session:
17 / 21
One of the 21 one-hour webinar sessions you can register for across SIG Spotlight Week 2020. Book as many sessions as you like with increasing discounts according to the number of sessions you wish to book. SIG members, STEP members and non-members all welcome!
- 08:30 Los Angeles, Vancouver
- 11:30 Toronto, New York
- 13:30 São Paulo
- 16:30 GMT/UTC - London
- 17.30 Paris, Berlin
- 20:30 Abu Dhabi
- 22:00 New Delhi
- (+1) 05:30 Auckland (4 December)
- *Convert other timezones
This session will explore how DAC-6 fits in and interacts with other international and domestic pieces of legislation such as GDPR, CRS, AML, Enabling Offence, GAAR, conflicts of rule, CI CRS Avoidance Arrangements and Opaque Offshore Structures.
Panellists will explore:
- DAC-6 realities now it is in force; what is the guidance?
- Ethical considerations to DAC-6: what happens if you are a multinational business and you have DAC-6 issues – can an advisor handle you?
- The position of the US; how might the US be attracted to DAC-6?
- National legislation – enforcement or rejection?
- Extension to the Crown Dependencies and Overseas Territories?
- EU 5AMLD, GDPR, CRS, Opaque offshore structures, Economic Substance laws
- Whether privacy will continue to exist?
- MODERATOR: Joseph Field TEP, Senior Counsel, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP and Chair, STEP International Client SIG – USA
- Géraldine Appert TEP, Senior Wealth Planner and Senior Vice President, Lombard Odier (Europe) S.A. – United Kingdom
- Stéphanie Prudent, Assistant Director-International Matters, Legal Certainty and Tax Audits, Direction Générale des Finances Publiques – France
A live webinar accessible by web (both for audio and visuals) from your computer, tablet or smartphone. In a designated session towards the end, attendees will have the opportunity to ask live questions of the speakers.
To join the webinar at the designated time, prior registration is required.
Following registration, registrants will receive an email containing instructions for joining the webinar.