SIG Spotlight Week Webinar: Different models of philanthropy delivery. 4 December2020
SIG Spotlight Session:
21 / 21
One of the 21 one-hour webinar sessions you can register for across SIG Spotlight Week 2020. Book as many sessions as you like with increasing discounts according to the number of sessions you wish to book. SIG members, STEP members and non-members all welcome!
- 07:30 Los Angeles, Vancouver
- 10:30 Toronto, New York
- 12:30 São Paulo
- 15:30 GMT/UTC - London
- 16.30 Paris, Berlin
- 19:30 Abu Dhabi
- 21:00 New Delhi
- 23:30 Beijing, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Perth, Singapore
- *Convert other timezones
Clients approach their philanthropic journey in different ways, depending on their vision, the outcomes they want to see as well as how their philanthropy fits in with the family dynamic or business. In this session, speakers will explore some case studies and share the different considerations they have personally had to work through with clients in delivering different models of philanthropy. Topics will include:
- ‘going it alone’, starting a new charity with its own mission;
- collaboration with an existing charity (including through venture philanthropy) or with an established philanthropist;
- where the role of the advisor starts and finishes;
- strategic philanthropy that aligns with the mission of a business.
- MODERATOR: James Maloney TEP, Partner, Farrer & Co – United Kingdom
- Peter Cafferkey, Representative, European Venture Philanthropy Association (EVPA) – Belgium
- Daniel Frajman TEP, Partner, Spiegel Sohmer – Canada
- Anna Josse, Co-Founder and CEO, Prism the Gift Fund – United Kingdom
A live webinar accessible by web (both for audio and visuals) from your computer, tablet or smartphone. In a designated session towards the end, attendees will have the opportunity to ask live questions of the speakers.
To join the webinar at the designated time, prior registration is required.
Following registration, registrants will receive an email containing instructions for joining the webinar.