SIG Spotlight Week Webinar: Effective giving locally - 30 November 2020
SIG Spotlight Session:
3 / 21
One of the 21 one-hour webinar sessions you can register for across SIG Spotlight Week 2020. Book as many sessions as you like with increasing discounts according to the number of sessions you wish to book. SIG members, STEP members and non-members all welcome!
- 08:00 Toronto, New York
- 10:00 São Paulo
- 13:00 GMT/UTC - London
- 14.00 Paris, Berlin
- 17:00 Abu Dhabi
- 18:30 New Delhi
- 21:00 Beijing, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Perth, Singapore
- *Convert other timezones
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the recovery phase, many are looking to how they can support their local communities. In this session we will explore the role of public and community foundations in building back and supporting the most vulnerable. Speakers will include Community Foundation leaders in different jurisdictions who will outline their role in local giving.
Speakers will cover:
- the role of community foundations, their relationship with government and the charity/non-profit sector and how are they funded;
- how community foundations support effective non-profits in their communities and elsewhere;
- how community foundations pool resources and networks to maximise impact;
- how clients can support a community foundation, going beyond donations;
- the role of advisors in post COVID-19 recovery.
- MODERATOR: Alana Petraske, Partner-Charities & Philanthropy, Withers Bergman LLP – USA
- Katy Hales, Manager-Donor Advised Giving, Community Foundation Wales – United Kingdom
- Robert Kleinman, Consultant, Jewish Community Foundation of Montreal – Canada
- Lorie Slutsky, President, The New York Community Trust – USA
A live webinar accessible by web (both for audio and visuals) from your computer, tablet or smartphone. In a designated session towards the end, attendees will have the opportunity to ask live questions of the speakers.
To join the webinar at the designated time, prior registration is required.
Following registration, registrants will receive an email containing instructions for joining the webinar.