With very little guidance or industry training currently available on how to assess testamentary capacity, STEP invites you to this free one-hour session which will cover:
- Capacity – and the issues that affect it.
- Law – the legal tests of testamentary capacity (for example considering the Banks v Goodfellow test in contrast to the Mental Capacity Act 2005 – and how these tests are treated by courts).
- Practice – dealing with medics, matters to include in file notes, the importance of family trees and assessing clients.
- Claire van Overdijk TEP, Chair, STEP Mental Capacity Special Interest Group
- Robin Jacoby, Oxford University
- Stephen Lawson TEP, FDR Law
- Alexander Learmonth QC TEP, New Square Chambers
- Dr Jane Lonie, Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist